Cherries In Red Wine, With White Chocolate Sauce
This vibrant cherry dessert is really easy to make. It’s juicy, creamy, cool, hot, pretty and delicious.
Ingredients, to serve 4:
- 500g fresh cherries, stoned. Leave some whole, still attached to their stalks, for garnishing. Any type of cherries will work, but black cherries will be extra succulent.
- 1 bottle medium bodied red wine
- 4 tbsp white sugar
- 100g good quality white chocolate
- 35ml double cream
What to do:
- Boil the wine and sugar together until reduced by half.
- Add the cherries, including those for garnishing, and continue to cook for about 3 minutes, until the cut up cherries are soft but not falling apart.
- In a separate pan, heat the chocolate and cream together, stirring frequently, until the chocolate is totally melted and mixed in.
- The cherries can be served hot or cool. The hot sauce with room temperature cherries work well. Don’t pour the chocolate sauce onto the cherries until the last minute.
- Garnish with the whole, cooked cherries, and accompany by a dessert wine which is not too sweet.