Scrambled eggs should be creeeaaamy and really tasty. Not dry and lumpy or spongey. They don’t need milk, either, which can make them harder and tasteless. It takes a little bit of patience to make them properly, but a few minutes of your time will give you scrambled eggs that are in a different league to the usual heap of bland lumps.
Ingredients, to serve 2:
- 4 – 6 eggs, the best you can find
- Knob of butter
- Pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Optional truffle oil and buttered toast
What to do:
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, preferably non-stick, over a gentle heat.
- Break the eggs into the pan – no need to beat beforehand.
- Add the salt and pepper
- Do not be tempted to add milk
- Patiently stir your eggs over a gentle heat until they have reached a creamy consistency.
- Serve. Your eggs will be delicious on their own but you could serve them on buttered toast. And for treats, add a drizzle of truffle oil.